No details found
This week in class
Reading: No packet this week. :)
Reading: No packet this week.
Language: Object pronoun WS p. 218-219
Math: 5.1-5.4 quiz tomorrow.
Language: Subject/Object Pronoun quiz tomorrow.
Reading: No packet again this week. Don't forget to read for your February calendar.
Math: p. 321 # 3-5 (Do them on the paper I gave you.) p. 322 all
Sign the Friday Folder.
NEWS FOR THE WEEK OF FEBRUARY 19, 2018
Please do not e-mail me through the teacher website. It works much better if you just send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!!
Here are important dates to keep in mind:
- No school on Monday due to President’s Day.
- ANY Wednesday, your child may come at 7:40 to get extra help. They just have to go to the front door and ring the bell.
- PBIS popcorn day is Wednesday.
- Hot lunch is Friday.
Each week I will post a short summary of what we will be covering in class. I will give approximate quiz and test days. If the day gets changed, your child will have that written in the assignment notebook.
- Reading- We are finishing the story “Quest of the Tree Kangaroo”.
- Language- We continue to use simple subjects (nouns) and simple predicates (verbs) as we go through learning different parts of a sentence. We always take notes in our spiral. I recommend having your child review them. It would also help to have your child find the simple subject and simple predicate in regular sentences at home. We are continuing with pronouns. Students should memorize the subject and object pronouns and be able to know when to use each kind.
- Math- FYI- We did a lesson on divisibility where the students have to learn short cuts to figure out if a number can be divided by smaller numbers (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, and 10). We are playing games to practice them. The PowerPoint with links to practice further is on my web page. We will not actually use this information until chapter 6. Please feel free to practice this with your child to help them when we get there. Chapter 5 is all about dividing decimals. Please practice facts and the regular division process!!!
- Science- We are continuing Earth’s Systems by studying the Ocean biomes.
- Social studies- The colonists will now be fighting for their freedom in chapter 8. We will discuss cause and effect throughout the entire chapter and take notes about how each side felt leading up to the war. After we complete lesson 8.2, they will take a quiz. They will need to know the vocabulary and events from that section.
Have a great week. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. We can accomplish more together!
No details found
No Links Provided