No details found
This week in class
Welcome to 5th grade! I can't wait to meet everyone!
We will be working on organization this year. The supply list asks you to buy an 8 Pocket Poly Folder Set or 8 pockets folders. This is necessary to have on the first day of school. If your child has a different organization tool that works for storing papers for each subject, please feel free to use it. Personally, I don't like separate folders because they are too easy to grab the wrong one. The 8-pocket poly folder set is great because it allows your child to bring home every subject in one location. It is small enough to not weigh down the backpack. We will also be cleaning it out after each unit.
The supply list is on the district website. These are changes specifically for my class:
- I only need 3 extra pocket folders.
- I don’t need loose-leaf notebook or graph paper at all.
- We will start the year needing only 5 spirals. More may be needed later.
- Please buy a deck of regular playing cards and flash cards for multiplication and division. Put your child’s name or initials on EVERY card. We will play several math games with them. The smaller cards are easier to store.
- Since we will be transitioning to different rooms several times each day, it would help to have a draw-stringed bag to carry all the supplies.
On the first day, we will organize all our supplies. Your child will bring home any extra supplies. PLEASE PUT THEM IN A SAFE PLACE, so they are available for restocking when needed.
On August 16, you may drop off your supplies at 2:00. I hope to be there to say hello if I can arrange my schedule to do so. School officially starts on Wednesday, August 21. Curriculum night for parents is on August 27th at 6:30 P.M. You may bring your child, but it is not required.
Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions! Enjoy the rest of your summer!
No details found
No Links Provided