Centers for the Week of 4/15/19
Listening: Rain, Rain, Rain forest
Procedures: Students listen to story on cassette. They then write on paper provided to respond to text.
Puzzle: Making Ten (game)
Procedures: Students work on one color at a time:
• Choose a mat and caterpillars of the same color.
• Place caterpillars in the empty spaces to complete the ten frame.
• Count the caterpillars you added.
• Place the matching number card in the space at the top of the mat to show how many more caterpillars made 10.
• On a piece of paper, write the complete addition number sentence to show how you made 10.
Math: 3D model building
Procedures: Students use modeling clay and straws to make 3D cubes. Example page for each student in bin copies off to show directions.
Procedures: Students choose books of interest for silent reading.
Science: Animals (game)
Procedures: Students need to:
1. Choose a pouch and matching color puzzles.
2. Lay the pieces on the table. Complete each puzzle by determining which animal belongs with each characteristic
3. On a piece on paper, draw and label an animal from some of the puzzles and tell about the characteristic you learned about.
ABC: I Can: decode cvc words
1. Take a mat.
2. Take a card with a clip and place it at the top of the page.
3. Guess what the picture shows and build it with letters.
4. Write the word on the bottom carefully on the lines.
5. Open the clip and see if you guessed and spelled correctly!
Guided reading: Lesson 28:
Curious George: Up and Away/ CG: Goes for a Ride / CG: And the Newspaper
Vocab reader: Playing Ball
Procedures: Students meet with me in small group to read and discuss books.
No details found
This week in class
Write the playground Earth Day project!!
Spirit stick day!
Gym and library day!
No content provided
- April 19, 2019 :
- April 22, 2019 :
- April 25, 2019 :
Hot lunch day!
- May 24, 2019 :
Institute day: no school!
- May 27, 2019 :
No school: Memorial Day!
- May 30, 2019 :
Hot lunch day!
- June 3, 2019 :
Tentative last day!
No Links Provided
No details Provided