Frankfort Square School


Contact us

  7710 W. Kingston Dr, , Frankfort, IL, 60423
 Phone (815) 469-3176

  Principal

Jason Isdonas

  School Hours

Student Attendance: 9:00 - 3:30 Half-Day Hours: 9:00 - 12:10 Office Hours: 8:35 - 3:50

Frankfort Square School
Frankfort Square School
 

Welcome to the 2018-2019 School Year!!! I look forward to meeting you! Please feel free to email me with any questions or concerns you may have. It will be a wonderful school year!!!




Assignments

No details found



This week in class


MON

P.E. 10:55

Library 2:30

English Assessment


TUES

P.E. 10:55

Art 10:20

Map Testing in PM

Social Studies Assessment

 

 

 

 


WEDS

P.E. 10;55

Music 1:20

Thomas Edison Comprehension Assessment

Math Chapter 11 Part 1 Assessment

 

 


THURS

Music 1:20

P.E. 10:55

 


FRI

P.E. 10:55

Map Testing (Math) in AM

3rd Grade Art Club

Technology with Mrs. Fifer 2:00-3:00

 

 

 

 

 

 


Newsletter

Mrs. Reyes’s Awesome Third Grade News Letter        December 3rd-7th
 
Reading
Anchor Text: Young Thomas Edison
 
Paired Text:
Moving Pictures
Genre:
Biography
 
 
 
 
Informational Text
Skills:
Main Idea and Details
Summarizing
Sequence of Events
Connecting to self, life, and world
Vocabulary: signal, genius, gadget, invention, laboratory, experiment, occasional, electric 
 
Vocabulary Skills:
Shades of Meaning
 
Assessments:
Comprehension Assessment for T Edison on Dec 5th
Notes:
We will begin a new story this week called Dog of the Sea Waves.
Both vocabulary and comprehension assessment are scheduled for December 19th
 
Math
 
Chapter: 11 Area and Perimeter
Skills:
-finding the value of an unknown side with a given perimeter.
-finding the area and perimeter of combined shapes.
-shapes that have the same area and perimeter.
Vocabulary:
area, perimeter, square unit, distributive property, centimeter, unit square, meter, length
Assessments:
Area and Perimeter Part 1 Assessment on Tues. Dec. 4th.
 
Notes:
Area and perimeter assessment part 2 will be scheduled before Winter Break.
 
Spelling
 
List 10
Assessment On: Dec 7th
Skills:
Words with the vowel sounds as in talk
Regular List:
talk, cross, awful, law, cloth, cost, crawl, chalk, also, raw, salt, wall, lawn, always, soft, small
Challenge List:
often, strawberry, autumn, autograph
Notes:
 
Science
 
Stemscope:
Climate & Weather
Skills:
Team Work
Research
Analyzing
Predicting
Compare/
Contrast
Cause/Effect
Vocabulary:
climate
weather
season
data
extent
prediction
range
region
pattern
 
 
Assessments:
TBD
 
Notes:
We should complete this scope prior to winter break.
 
Social Science
 
Magic Tree House American Revolution
Chapter 1
Skills:
Locating specific information in a text
Making connections
Vocabulary:
To come….
Assessments:
Assessment on Wednesday, Dec 5th.
See Study Guide
Notes:
 
 
Writing
Opinion Essay
Skills:
Using evidence
Main Idea and Details
 
 
 
 
3rd Grade Frankfort Square
Grading and Reassessment Policy
 
Grading Policy:
Currently, formative tasks count for 25% of your child’s grade.  The other 75% is determined by summative assessments.  District 161 has implemented a new reporting system that is in line with the Growth Mindset philosophy.  This will reduce the negative impact of zeros on a student’s grade by adjusting the grading scale so it is ethically justifiable.  A 50% will be the lowest score possible.
Reassessments:
If a student receives a D or an F on a summative assessment, the student will be required to participate in a reassessment of the skills not mastered.  A note will go home notifying you of the retake date.  Please sign and return the form.  Students should study and prepare using the skills and strategies taught in class.  If the form, and preparation for the reassessment are complete, the student will take the reassessment on the date indicated by the teacher.  The most RECENT score is the grade that will be recorded in PowerSchool.  
Students in third grade at Frankfort Square will be allowed ONE reassessment on summative grades of A, B, or C for each subject (per quarter).  The parent and/or student must notify the teacher of the request within two days of receiving the graded work.  The teacher will send home a notification of the reassessment and when it will take place. Please sign and return the form.  Students should study and prepare using the skills and strategies taught in class.  If the form and preparation for the reassessment are complete, the student will take the reassessment on the date indicated by the teacher.  The most RECENT score is the grade that will be recorded in PowerSchool.  




Important Dates

No details found



Video List

1st Thanksgiving

Compare/Contrast Thanksgivings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lslqtUMwDxA
View




Cool Links



Downloads List