Dr. Julian Rogus
Mission - Rogus School Mission is to educate children in a
Vision - Rogus School vision is to create a
community where children are loved for who they are and challenged to aim
Values - We value Acceptance, Belonging, and
No details found
This week in class
P.E., Art, Technology
As we get closer to our winter break we have many special events poping into our schedule. Therefore, the next two weeks my fourth graders will focus on skills rather than a Journey's story. This week we will dive deep into Figurative Language. In math, we will continue chapter 3 in our Go Math program that covers more complicated multiplication. For Social Studies we will shift to a study of the US Region of the Southwest. Keep reading and practicing math facts at home! It is getting more important that we all have our multiplication facts memorized as we quickly move forward with more and more complex multiplication lessons.
Parents and Friends,
We are getting very close to our postcard goal. Below is a list of states from which we still need a postcard. Keep in mind we also love to get duplicates and postcards from around the world. Thank you, Mrs. Millner
Montana, Wyoming, North Carolina, Connecticut and Vermont.
DJR 3rd and 4th Grade Grading and Assessment Retake Policy
A new grade scale has been created to better reflect student growth. The following now applies to the grade scale:
- The reporting system has been adjusted to equalize the influence of each score.
- Equal increments will be used to report student achievement
- 89-80 B
- 79-70 C
- 69-60 D
- 59-50 F
- We learn by making mistakes so the lowest possible score a student will receive on a summative assessment will be a 50%. If a student’s final score falls below a 50%, a 50% will count as the final score but the actual score will be listed in the comment section of the assignment in PowerSchool.
In an effort to promote student growth, teachers are allowing students the opportunity to retake certain summative assessments completed in school. The following re take procedures apply:
- All D or F scores on a Summative assessment WILL be reassessed one time.
- Students who score an A, B, or C on a Summative assessment will have the opportunity for a retake assessment once per quarter per subject.
- For any reassessment, the most recent score will be recorded as per district policy.
- For scores of A, B, or C a parent must request a reassessment in writing within 2 days of receiving the assessment.
- Once a teacher receives a reassessment request from a parent, the teacher will notify the parent when the reassessment will take place.
- January 7, 2018 :
Classes resume after Holiday Break
- November 30, 2018 :
Quarter 2 Progress Reports
- December 12, 2018 :
- December 21, 2018 :
Last Day of School before Holiday Vacation
- January 21, 2019 :
1/2 Day School in a.m.
No Links Provided