Dr. Julian Rogus
Mission - Rogus School Mission is to educate children in a
Vision - Rogus School vision is to create a
community where children are loved for who they are and challenged to aim
Values - We value Acceptance, Belonging, and
No details found
This week in class
PE, Art, Technology,
P.E., Library, Music, Eagles Nest
Welcome Spring!!! In Math, we are continuing our fraction chapter. In Social Studies this week we will be imagining what it would be like to travel on the Oregon trail. We will be continuing reading the story The Right Dog for the Job! Skills we will cover include: Sequence of Events, Summarize, Main Idea and Details, and suffixes -ion, -ation, -ition. Have a great week!
Keep reading and practicing math facts at home! It is getting more important that we all have our multiplication facts memorized as we quickly move forward with more and more complex math lessons.
DJR 3rd and 4th Grade Grading and Assessment Retake Policy
A new grade scale has been created to better reflect student growth. The following now applies to the grade scale:
- The reporting system has been adjusted to equalize the influence of each score.
- Equal increments will be used to report student achievement
- 89-80 B
- 79-70 C
- 69-60 D
- 59-50 F
- We learn by making mistakes so the lowest possible score a student will receive on a summative assessment will be a 50%. If a student’s final score falls below a 50%, a 50% will count as the final score but the actual score will be listed in the comment section of the assignment in PowerSchool.
In an effort to promote student growth, teachers are allowing students the opportunity to retake certain summative assessments completed in school. The following re take procedures apply:
- All D or F scores on a Summative assessment WILL be reassessed one time.
- Students who score an A, B, or C on a Summative assessment will have the opportunity for a retake assessment once per quarter per subject.
- For any reassessment, the most recent score will be recorded as per district policy.
- For scores of A, B, or C a parent must request a reassessment in writing within 2 days of receiving the assessment.
- Once a teacher receives a reassessment request from a parent, the teacher will notify the parent when the reassessment will take place.
- April 19, 2019 :
- April 23, 2019 :
- May 9, 2019 :
Fourth Grade Step-Up Day 9:15-10:45am (Travel To Hilda Walker)
- May 23, 2019 :
First through Fourth Grade Field Days
- May 24, 2019 :
- May 27, 2019 :
Memorial Day - No School
- May 28, 2019 :
Presidential Awards and 4th Grade Party
No Links Provided