Dr. Julian Rogus School
Mission - Rogus School Mission is to educate children in a nurturing environment.
Vision - Rogus School vision is to create a community where children are loved for who they are and challenged to aim high.
Values - We value Acceptance, Belonging, and Community.
Welcome parents and students to the 2019-2020 school year! I look forward to meeting you soon!
Please download the "Remind App" on your phone and join "4Fish" (@mlfish) to stay connected with our classroom. Or you may send a text message: "@mlfish" to the number: 81010. I look forward to our communication! *Note: parents and students can only receive messages through this app.
Contact me at any time with questions or concerns.
Please check your child's assignment notebook on a daily basis. We fill out our assignment notebooks as a class each day. Students receive a Fish Ticket each day for having their assignment notebooks signed.
*Projects/summatives dates will be sent as a reminder with the Remind App and are subject to change.*
No details found
This week in class
See "The Fish Flyer" in your child's Friday Folder each week!
We recently started a new Internet Safety Curriculum called Common Sense Media. This program focuses on teaching students to make safe, smart, and ethical decisions online. Please look for the weekly family note for the topic covered each week in "The Fish Flyer." For more information about Common Sense Media visit the following web page: Common Sense Media
3rd and 4th Grade Grading and Assessment Retake Policy: A new grading scale has been created to better reflect student growth. The following now applies to the grade scale:
- The reporting system has been adjusted to equalize the influence of each score.
- Equal increments will be used to report student achievement.
- 100-90 A
- 89-80 B
- 79-70 C
- 69-60 D
- 59-50 F
- We learn by making mistakes so the lowest possible score a student will receive on a summative assessment will be a 50%. If a student’s final score falls below a 50%, a 50% will count as the final score, but the actual score will be listed in the comment section of the assignment in PowerSchool.
Third and fourth grade teachers believe that learning is a priority and a process. In an effort to promote student growth, teachers are allowing students the opportunity to retake certain summative assessments completed in school. The following reassessment procedures apply:
- All D or F scores on a Summative assessment WILL be reassessed one time.
- Students who score an A, B, or C on a Summative assessment will have the opportunity for a retake assessment once per quarter per subject.
- For any reassessment, the most recent score will be recorded as per district policy.
- For scores of A, B, or C a parent must request a reassessment in writing within 2 days of receiving the assessment.
- Once a teacher receives a reassessment request from a parent, the teacher will notify the parent when the reassessment will take place.
No details found
No Links Provided