-Dr. Julian Rogus School
Mission - Rogus School Mission is to educate children in a nurturing environment.
Vision - Rogus School vision is to create a community where children are loved for who they are and challenged to aim high.
Values - We value Acceptance, Belonging, and Community.
Please see my most recent newsletter below!
No details found
This week in class
Mrs. Mecher’s Resource Reader
Thank you so much for taking the time to meet during Parent-Teacher Conferences. We are so lucky to have such supportive, caring parents ????.
Reading and Math Practice:
It is understandable that students are super busy all-day learning at school…plus many are very involved with after-school activities. It is still important to carve out a little time each day for extra practice. Two of the best things your child can practice regularly are: Reading and Math Facts. That may look different for each child. Reading suggestions: sight words, reading together, silent reading, read alouds, or RAZ Kids. Also, check your local library for winter reading programs for children. Math suggestions: flash cards, out loud drill and practice, on-line practice (such as X-tra Math), or fact worksheets. A little bit a day of each will make a HUGE difference!
NWEA Winter Benchmark:
NWEA Winter Benchmark will begin the week of December 3rd. Students will take both Reading and Math assessments. Accommodations will be provided per IEP.
Practice Ideas for Home:
- Blue Folder: Please keep your child’s blue resource folder in their backpack. Please use this is another means of home/ school communication.
- A Peek at My Week: Please review this weekly, sign, and return to me.
- E-mail (best way to reach me): firstname.lastname@example.org
- School Phone: 815-464-2034
- Check my Teacher Page for websites and home practice ideas.
- Read or listen to story every night (stories from class, library books, books from home, on-line stories, non-fiction selections- such as magazines). Goal: 20 minutes per night ????.
- Writing Practice: Spelling Words and Sentences; Journal Writing
- Fundations Home Support Packets (if applicable for your child)
- Sight Word Practice (reading, spelling, and writing)
- Math: basic facts; problem solving; time; money
- If you are interested, I’m more than happy to assist you with additional practice ideas specific to your child.
- Websites: X-tra Math, Prodigy, Turtle Diaries, Starfall, abcya.com
1. Go to www.summithill.org
2. Go to “Dr. Julian Rogus”
3. Go to “Teacher Pages”
4. Go to “Mrs. Mecher”
Thank you for all you do for your child. Please know that I am here to help your child and support you with any questions, comments, or concerns.
Mrs. Katie Mecher
No details found
No Links Provided