-Dr. Julian Rogus School
Mission - Rogus School Mission is to educate children in a nurturing environment.
Vision - Rogus School vision is to create a community where children are loved for who they are and challenged to aim high.
Values - We value Acceptance, Belonging, and Community.
Please see my most recent newsletter below!
No details found
This week in class
Mrs. Mecher’s Resource Reader
Quarter 2 Updates:
Goal updates were sent home with your child’s report card. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Please note that the report I sent home with most students includes progress monitoring scores (italicized). Bold scores are Fall and Winter benchmark scores. We will continue to use the Screener every other week for progress monitoring at this time.
We are very fortunate to have a subscription to IXL. I will send home log-in information. Please read letter below:
I am pleased to tell you that we will be using a website called IXL in our classroom this year. IXL is a comprehensive learning program offering unlimited math and language arts practice across thousands of skills—all of which are aligned to the Common Core. One of the best things about IXL is that your child can access it from home, so you have a chance to see your child's progress!
To get your child started on your home computer, please follow these easy steps:
- Go to https://www.ixl.com/signin/summithill
- Enter your child's username and password and click "Sign in."
- Click on any skill to start learning!
IXL is designed to help your child learn at his or her own pace. The program is adaptive and will adjust based on your child's demonstrated understanding of the material. All of your child's results will be saved, so you can monitor his or her progress anytime by clicking on Analytics. For on-the-go practice, you can download IXL's free tablet apps for iPad, Android, or Kindle and sign in with your child's username and password.
I hope you'll encourage your son or daughter to use IXL regularly. Here's to a year of working together to make learning fun for your child!
Please continue to read and practice math facts daily. Every little bit helps ????. If you need additional resources, I’d be happy to help. Please let me know.
Practice Ideas for Home:
- Blue Folder: Please keep your child’s blue resource folder in their backpack. Please use this is another means of home/ school communication.
- A Peek at My Week: Please review this weekly, sign, and return to me.
- E-mail (best way to reach me): email@example.com
- School Phone: 815-464-2034
- Check my Teacher Page for websites and home practice ideas.
- Read or listen to story every night (stories from class, library books, books from home, on-line stories, non-fiction selections- such as magazines). Goal: 20 minutes per night ????.
- Writing Practice: Spelling Words and Sentences; Journal Writing
- Fundations Home Support Packets (if applicable for your child)
- Sight Word Practice (reading, spelling, and writing)
- Math: basic facts; problem solving; time; money
- If you are interested, I’m more than happy to assist you with additional practice ideas specific to your child.
- Websites: IXL, X-tra Math, Prodigy, Turtle Diaries, Starfall, abcya.com, RAZ Kids
1. Go to www.summithill.org
2. Go to “Dr. Julian Rogus”
3. Go to “Teacher Pages”
4. Go to “Mrs. Mecher”
Thank you for all you do for your child. Please know that I am here to help your child and support you with any questions, comments, or concerns.
Mrs. Katie Mecher
No details found
No Links Provided